Grain (Click to download. Report a broken link here)
|Type:||  Granular Synth (Generator)|
|Input / Output:|
|Cool grain (a short piece of audio data clipped from a wavetable) synth. A lot of options to edit the grain are build in. Also a grain fx effect included, which grains the the latest received input sound. This is an updated version of this granular synth. It now uses Oskari Tammelin's XDSP Beta 2 library, which makes it faster! There are also some common crash bugs fixed.|
|Release date:||2002-12-12 [yyyy-mm-dd]|
|Nr. of Downloads:||524|
|Over-all rating:||           |
[No screenshot available]
| But no support questions. Use buzzchurch for these.|
|User score: ||          |
|Comment by: squezel|
|Written on: 2013-2-28|
|Sound quality: ||          |
|Stability: ||          |
|Usability: ||          |
|Features: ||          |
|Documentary: ||          ||I've definately overlooked this synth..|
After one year I tried fiddling a bit with some singlecycle waveforms (http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/), and then I was sold!
It's nice to see awesome robotsounds coming from this plugin in a time where many people think that NI Massive is the holy grale.
NOTE #1: I don't give a 10, because that would make ld0d the master of universe.
NOTE #2: I give a 7 for 'features' because I want more more! :D
To get really dubsteppy noisebasssounds I always have to add these machines:
- parameq which to boost a particular frequency in the lowmid area
Therefore my featurerequests for 'ld grain v2' would be :
- an extra grain oscillator (so I can add a sub/bass-layer to the sound)
- this extra grain oscillator should be able to use a different wavetable index
- param boost freq amount (before waveshaper)
- param boost Q amount (before waveshaper)
- param waveshaper amount (on the output)
- some builtin singlecycle waveforms (similar done like ld-hihat)
I would definately volunteer to make some presets!
You have to login to post a comment!